Chris Chambers is a small-business owner who has done a rare thing… in 2014 he started and developed a small but thriving property management business in the South West of England; in 2020 he stood back from the business and watched it run and self-sustain with only limited input still required from him. Chris has time and freedom to concentrate on business development, take care of his other business and leisure interests. He also recently returned to his first love: flying and aviation and he flies regular shifts as a helicopter pilot in support of the emergency services.
Foresight – setting the best example – effective systems – placing trust in his staff – maintaining true and open collaboration.
This blog is the culmination of 20 years of identifying lessons and improvements; observations of how businesses (big and small) operate; leadership and mutual collaboration ideas/principles for staff to be immersed in; and prudent decision-making with proven results.
This blog is not about becoming wealthy or seeking some cliched ideas of lifestyle and ‘freedom’. This blog is for any entrepreneur, small business owner or manager, who wants to develop their business and shape a team of staff into an effective unit – it’s about attaining a position where you can run (and enjoy) your business by leading your team but also leaving them to get on with the day-to-day… whilst you get to take breaks and holidays (without your telephone, email and computer!).
- Proudhouse Property Management LLP (6 employees, 200+ active managed properties, book of 1000+ clients)
- Personal Property Portfolio (14 residential rental units across HMOs, flats and houses, in Yeovil and Cardiff)
- Property investment company director (recently established Property Investment Company with 3 rental houses in Liverpool and Yeovil)
- Previously a Sole Trader Business Owner of a Domestic and Commercial Electrical Business
- Member of a Community Village Shop Management Committee
- Trustee on the Board of Trustees for Community Village Shop Trust
- Ex Royal Navy Officer and helicopter pilot
- Current helicopter pilot for the emergency services
- Current Royal Navy Reserve Officer specialising in design and delivery of specialist aviation training for Royal Navy pilots.
Links and other stuff
www.proudhouseproperty.co.uk My main business activity since 2010
Facebook Page for Proudhouse Property Management
www.thepetalpress.co.uk My fantastic wife’s website – graphics and website designer to many, many small business owners in the South West
www.acousticset.co.uk – I’m a wannabe country and folk musician – here’s my music page with my music buddy, Becs Hendry
Instagram account for Nic Kitson – my senior manager at Proudhouse and business partner
Instagram account for ‘Dorset Helo Pilot’ – a scrap book of photos of my aviation experiences