Chris Chambers is a small-business owner who has done a rare thing… in 2014 he started and developed a small but thriving property management business in the South West of England; in 2020 he stood back from the business and watched it run and self-sustain itself with only limited input still required from him. Chris has time and freedom to concentrate on business development, take care of his other business and leisure interests. He also recently returned to his first love: flying and aviation and he flies regular shifts as a helicopter pilot in support of the emergency services.
Foresight – leadership – setting the best example – effective systems – placing trust in his staff.
This blog is the culmination of 20 years of identifying lessons and improvements; observations of how businesses (big and small) operate; leadership ideas/principles for staff to follow; and prudent decision-making with proven results.
Who is the blog for? Chris Chambers is not a millionaire (although that would be nice)! This blog is not about becoming super wealthy or seeking some cliched ideas of lifestyle and ‘freedom’. This blog is for any entrepreneur, small business owner or manager, who wants to develop their business and shape a team of staff into an effective unit – it’s about attaining a position where you can run (and enjoy) your business by leading your team but also leaving them to get on with the day-to-day… whilst you get to take breaks and holidays (without your telephone, email and computer!).
- Proudhouse Property Management LLP (6 employees, 200+ active managed properties, book of 1000+ clients)
- Personal Property Portfolio (14 residential rental units across HMOs, flats and houses, in Yeovil and Cardiff)
- Property investment company director (recently established Property Investment Company with 3 rental houses in Liverpool and Yeovil)
- Previously a Sole Trader Business Owner of a Domestic and Commercial Electrical Business
- Member of a Community Village Shop Management Committee
- Trustee on the Board of Trustees for Community Village Shop Trust
- Ex Royal Navy Officer and helicopter pilot
- Current helicopter pilot for the emergency services
- Current Royal Navy Reserve Officer specialising in design and delivery of specialist aviation training for Royal Navy pilots.
Links and other stuff
Facebook Page for Proudhouse Property Management